Got home from running errands on Saturday around 1ish. When we got out of the truck both Wes and I smelled something…..off. Wes checked the engine of his truck first. Nothing.
So we thought maybe the neighbor was burning some trash?
As we reached the door, Wes looked out into our wooded yard
and noticed a flame coming from the top of our power pole. Ut oh.
I took Jackson in the house to get him down for a well
overdue nap as Wes called the fire dept.
At the same time our dog came barreling out of the door,
legs crossed, needing to go find a spot to relieve herself. Once properly
emptied out she followed Wes down the hill as he went to inspect our flaming
pole.
As he peered up, Roxy was digging below and discovered
something tasty to chew on….Wes thought it was a stick at first…but, wait a
minute….a hairy stick….ugh! squirrel tail!
Wes continued to look up and noticed that the pole was not
on fire but something on top of the pole….oh wait….um, yep, that would be the
tail less squirrel. Aflame. On top of the power pole. Fully engulfed.
He had already called the fire dept. at that point so he threw
Roxy in the house as we knew she would do nothing but bark incessantly at the
fire men. I then locked her whimpering in the bedroom as I would be roasting
her tail if she woke the now (finally) sleeping baby up.
Two fire trucks, three fire men, and Wes stood at the bottom
of the pole watching a squirrel burn for eh, about an hour or so. Apparently it
happens a lot in these parts and the fire dept. is required to stay put until
the creature has been fully cremated and the power line is no longer smoldering.
All that to say, just when I think I have seen it all on our
funny farm….God totally knocks one out of the park with a ‘new’ rather funny
experience.


No comments:
Post a Comment