Some know that I have been taking Jackson for regular Chiropractic adjustments since the time he was around 3 months old....and swear by the improvement it has made in Jackson's fussiness and reflux.
Well, I HAD been going still regularly (for us now that looks like every two-three weeks between treatments) until around March sometime....when I missed an appointment from going out of town. I failed to call and reschedule and well, time got away from me...
After Jackson getting his first ear infection last week, and just his overall fussiness returning from teething, ears, stomach, poor sleep...you name it, I began to get that 'mothers gut' feeling again of "you need to get him back to the Chiro for an adjustment pronto" feeling.
We have had SEVERAL rough nights here lately as he is cutting his upper two teeth (at the same time) as well as what the doctor could tell when she was checking his throat, his 1 year molars look swollen in the back as well...(I about fell over when she said it looked like he was trying to cut his one year molars too!).....Jackson is 10 months. Must he always do things early? mama needs a break! He also has been in gastric distress from the antibiotics for the ear infection and we have been fighting the 'Jackson won't eat' battle all week/weekend long. He went from 18 pounds at his 9 month check up to 16.5 last week. totally frustrating as a mama. If I don't put weight on him before his one year apt we are told they are going to test him for some things just to be sure everything is normal...And yes, the Chiropractor (if you believe in that sort of thing), can also help with belly issues, eating issues ect.
Anyways, I managed to remember to call this morning and get him in on my lunch break today...sure enough, he had a few things out of whack..a few quick pops of the activator and we were out the door.
I still sometimes leave the Chiropractor thinking, "OK, now really, did that do anything?", because it literally takes about 5 min, and we are out the door....But after months of not going, and upon Jackson getting his first ear infection, I can def say that staying on a regular routine with him at the Chiro is the thing to keep doing. I notice dramatic differences in him when I keep him going on a regular routine vs when I fall off the bandwagon like I have recently.
With every cold and RSV at Christmas time, his pediatrician has been amazed that his ears have remained so clear...uncommon for little ones his age with viruses...so it isn't a shocker to me that when he finally gets an ear infection, he hasn't seen the chiropractor in months...
So with my right hand raised, "I Heather Waldorf, do solemnly swear to take my baby for his regular chiropractic adjustments as scheduled from here on out..." because I believe in them....and how they help Jackson.
I would be happy to talk to anyone that is curious about a chiropractor for babies. I've done a lot of research on it. And I would rather treat my babies aliments without prescription drugs if possible. As we have experienced this past week, drugs are brutal on a kids system. We are healing from it all now...constant doses of probiotics and back to the chiro and we are on the mend. I want my baby back!
No comments:
Post a Comment